Friday, October 5, 2012

The Man without the Spirit


The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1 Corinthians 2:14
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
The Holy Spirit is God's abiding gift, God's seal and promise. The Spirit is our assurance that what he began with Jesus' sacrificial death and our participation in it through faith and baptism, he will bring to completion. But the world cannot understand this great promise, just like it cannot understand much of Scripture, because without the Spirit, their eyes see only what they can touch with their fingers and not what is true in God's heart.

MY PRAYER
Father, I thank you for sending Jesus. Jesus, I thank you for sending the Spirit. Spirit, I thank you for never leaving me alone. As I am filled with the Spirit, O Lord, so fill me more until my will and my life more nearly reflect your desires. Use me to bless others just as your presence now blesses me. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
Crowned With Glory And Honor
For You have made him [man] a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned [surrounded] him with glory and honor.
Psalm 8:5
As God’s beloved child, redeemed and ransomed by Christ, not only are you surrounded by His favor, but you are also crowned (surrounded) with glory and honor. I encourage you to see yourself encircled with the same glory and honor that Jesus has at the right hand of the Father today. What a picture to have of yourself!

My friend, instead of moaning about all the qualities you lack and feeling depressed, see yourself surrounded by glory and honor. For example, if you are looking for a job, preparing for an interview or hoping for a promotion, don’t waste time worrying that others may be more capable or experienced than you. Instead, be conscious that there is an anointing on you because God’s glory is upon you.

Believe that the next time you step into a room, that room will light up and the atmosphere will change for the better because you are crowned with His glory and honor!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment