Thursday, September 27, 2012

"The Prayers Go Up And The Blessings Come Down..."


Rejoice in the Lord your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains.
Joel 2:23
New International Version
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
"The prayers go up and the blessings come down..." The words to this children's song are only half right, because God sends his blessings many times even when we don't pray. But with the special smell that comes with a drought-breaking rain, God loves the aroma of his children's joy, especially when he is the source of its delight!
MY PRAYER
Holy God and Tender Father, you are my great delight. When all others fail, you are still God. You are a rock and fortress, you are a tender shepherd, and you are a solid mountain that cannot be shaken. Your blessings and grace shower upon me and fill me with joy. I can't wait for the day I get to see you face to face and delight in your presence. Until then, I will see you faith to face and rejoice in anticipation. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
LINE UP YOUR HEART
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”
(Psalm 86:11, NIV)
TODAY’S WORD
When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see?
Everyone has an outer life and an inner life. The outer life is our public life that people can see. The inner life is made up of your thoughts, attitudes and motives. Only you and God know what’s going on inside. Too many people go around today pretending — acting one way, yet on the inside, they’re thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don’t line up.
We have to understand that God looks at the inside. We can fool a lot of people, but we can’t fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than for us to go through life pretending or wearing masks. Today, take inventory of what’s going on inside of you. Are you at peace? Are you overlooking offenses? Do you believe the best in people? Are your heart and actions lining up? If not, submit your ways to the Lord today and ask Him to give you an undivided heart. Live a life pleasing to Him and walk in His blessing all the days of your life!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Dear Father, I humbly come before You today and ask that You search the deep places of my heart. Show me if there is any area where I need to line up my heart and actions. Help me to be authentic in You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment