Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Falling back into the same old traps


My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ the Righteous One.
1 John 2:1
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
God hates sin. Don't you? I know I do. But isn't it amazing how we'll fall back into the same old traps again and again. This is where John, the tender Shepherd that he was, hits the nail on the head. The goal is to not commit even one sin. But, knowing our struggle against the flesh, John also gives assurance to those of us trying to live faithful and pure lives that when we do sin, the sacrifice for our sins, God's Son, is also our defense attorney.

MY PRAYER
God, no one and nothing is like you. I did not have to provide a sacrifice for my sins, which broke your heart. You provided that sacrifice. Please use me today as I try to give myself, my life, and my future back to you as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Jesus’ Heart Revealed

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”
Luke 4:18–19

When Jesus was in a synagogue in Nazareth, He spoke of how God sent Elijah to the widow of Zarephath, and Elisha to Naaman the Syrian. If you read these two stories in the Old Testament, you will realize that one is a miracle of provision and abundance (the widow’s last bit of oil was multiplied), while the other is a miracle of healing (Naaman was cleansed of leprosy).

So even in the Old Testament, we see that God’s desire is to amply provide for and heal people. It’s not His will for anyone to suffer lack, or to perish from disease. In the New Testament, when Jesus encountered lack, He gave huge catches of fish, and multiplied loaves and fish. When the sick came to Him, He always healed them.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. Settle it in your heart and mind that He wants you healthy and provided for. Take time to read all the miracles of provision and healing in the Gospels and see Jesus’ heart for you today.
By: Joseph Prince

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment