Friday, October 26, 2012

Delight yourself in the Lord


Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires
of your heart.
--Psalm 37:4
  New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Rather than seeing this as a way to get our wish list granted, let's see it for what it really is -- an invitation to seek a love relationship with God above all other things.  In finding him, we will find our priorities properly aligned and our hearts tuned to know what is really valuable and what is not. Then we will see that what we have in him is our heart's
greatest desire.

MY PRAYER
Awesome and Gracious Father, I confess to you that so often my heart is full of selfish things.  But in moments like these, Father, I recognize that you are what I most need and your will is my heart's desire.  Please kindle your Spirit in me so that I may see through any selfish, deception that would rob me of having you first in my life.  Forgive me when I'm petty, selfish and shallow.  May I know you as much as is possible for
a mortal to know you, not so that I may be full, but that you may be honored.  Through Jesus I pray.   Amen.
Our Covenant-Keeping God

My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.
Psalm 89:34

When God promised to give Abraham land, Abraham asked, “God, how can I be sure?” And as if His word wasn’t good enough, God went one step further and cut a covenant with Abraham, binding Himself irrevocably to it to reassure His friend that He would do as promised (Genesis 15:7–8, 18).

Let me say something about God’s covenants. They can never be broken, only replaced with a better one. My friend, God will do as He has promised you, and to set your heart at ease, He bound Himself to a covenant with you when He cut it with your representative, Jesus, at Calvary.

So rest easy in the knowledge that you have a covenant-keeping God who CANNOT break His covenant or renege on His promises. Simply lean on His faithfulness and like Abraham, you will walk in your inheritance and healing.
By: Joseph Prince


source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment