Monday, September 3, 2012

We are God's temple!

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
New International Version
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
We are God's temple! He lives in us and what we do in our bodies is part of our worship to him. We are called to not only abstain from impurity, but we are called to glorify God in our bodies.
MY PRAYER
Father, I confess to you that I sometimes lose sight of how precious my body is to you. With aging and the other challenges that daily remind me that my body is a vessel of decay, I find it hard to believe that I can glorify you with it. Please, through your indwelling Spirit, quicken in me a deeper reverence and appreciation of your presence in me. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
Let The Holy Spirit Intercede For You
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.
Romans 8:26–28, NLT
Sometimes, when our healing is not forthcoming, we just don’t know what else to pray. We’ve prayed from every angle we know how, using all the scriptures we know of, and yet, there doesn’t seem to be any breakthroughs.
I want you to know that God has given us a weapon that will break down every barrier. It’s praying in tongues. When you don’t know what to pray, pray in the Holy Spirit and allow Him to intercede for you. He knows exactly what the problem is and what the best solution is. He will not just plead for you in harmony with God’s will, but He will also rest your weary soul (Isaiah 28:11–12)!
My friend, allow the Holy Spirit to intercede for you, and see God cause everything to work together for the good of your body and health!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment