Sunday, October 7, 2012

How to discern what is best?


This is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ.
Philippians 1:9-10
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
I don't know about you, but my most difficult decisions are not about choosing between good and bad. I usually know what is good and what is bad, especially when bad involves evil. My toughest choices are when I have to choose between good, better, and best. My love for God usually overcomes my weakness and I choose good over bad. But unless I've placed myself before God's word and surrendered my heart to him in prayer, I have a very tough time choosing between good and best. Yet I'm convinced that much of what God would love to do through us today does not happen because we've settled for good when he longs to lead us to best!

MY PRAYER
Gracious and Almighty God, teach me your ways and give me your heart as I strive to love you, know your will, and have insight into your ways. Help me to know the best things to do today and to use my time in the best way in my work, my family, among my friends, and especially before those who do not know Christ as their Savior. Through him I pray. Amen.
God Will Never Give Up On You!

But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.
Psalm 86:15
Have you ever wondered why the Philistines didn’t notice that Samson’s hair was growing again? I believe that it was because they never banked on the fact that Samson’s God is a God of grace and second chances. As far as they were concerned, Samson’s God had given up on him.

My friend, when people give up on you, and even when you give up on yourself, I want to assure you that God has not given up on you! He sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for your sins and this God of grace will never give up on you. His arms are wide open to receive you, freely forgive you and restore you!

Just see the spirit by which the father in Jesus’ story of the prodigal son welcomed his wayward son home—“Bring forth the best robe! Put a ring on his hand! Put shoes on his feet! Kill the fatted calf! Let’s celebrate! My son was lost and now he’s found” (Luke 15:22–24). He didn’t say one word about his son wasting his wealth on prodigal living. The father was just overjoyed that his son came back.

In the same way, God has not given up nor will He ever give up on you. The moment you take a step toward Him, you will find Him running toward you to embrace you. And when you enjoy His love and grace toward you, you will find yourself not just in a place of safety and provision (like the prodigal son), but like Samson, your strength and purpose in life will return!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment