Friday, July 20, 2012

What is your PURPOSE in life?


The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever -- do not abandon the works of your hands.
Psalm 138:8
New International Version
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE...
God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives. The greatest thing we can do is to find that purpose and live it out. We can trust his purpose in us because it is based on his wisdom and love. As long as we seek his will, we're not going to do anything that can ultimately spoil his purpose in us. Yes, we may at times stray from the perfect channel he wants us to travel, but we never get totally out of the main channel. As long he does not abandon us, (and he promised he never would forsake us he will use us) for his purposes.
MY PRAYER
O Sovereign God, help me discern today what my life is intended to fulfill. Thank you for loving me and promising to walk beside me every step of my life. I live trusting that you will never forsake me. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
Daily Devotion
You shall dwell in the land of Goshen, and you shall be near to me, you and your children, your children’s children, your flocks and your herds, and all that you have. There I will provide for you, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty…
Genesis 45:10–11
Draw Near To Jesus
In the Old Testament story of Joseph, after Joseph reveals his identity to his brothers, he tells them to return to their father, and to tell their father to come quickly to him. Joseph had prepared for his family to dwell in the land of Goshen, where they, with all their children and all they possessed, would be near to him.
The name “Goshen” means “drawing near.” My friend, the Lord wants you to be in “Goshen,” which is a place of nearness to Him. His heart of love is not satisfied with just removing your sins. No, He wants more. He wants you in His presence. He wants you in the place where He can lavish the bountiful love in His heart on you!
When you draw near to Jesus, look what happens. Joseph tells his brothers to also tell their father, “There I will provide for you, lest you and your household, and all that you have, come to poverty; for there are still five years of famine.” Beloved, when you draw near to your heavenly Joseph, He will provide for you and your little ones. In the midst of financial famine in the world, in the midst of rising fuel and food costs, do not despair. Draw near to Jesus, for there in “Goshen,” in that place of nearness, He will provide for you and your household!

source:
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a150d1f30f96378c872f47725&id=197e2018a1&e=b2763b1d9a
+++++

Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment