Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sincere Form Of Flattery


Be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
--Ephesians 5:1-2
 New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.  If we are to sincerely flatter God by being like him, imitation may be the most costly form of flattery as well.  You see, love for God is never something that occurs just in our minds or our hearts.  Love is something we do for another -- it is action. John said in 1 John 4 that we must love in both our deeds and our words.  Love means to give ourselves up -- what we want, our rights, our desires -- to honor God and serve others.  This is a kind of love that can change the world, or a marriage, or a family.

MY PRAYER
Abba Father, I will never fully understand how you could love me so much that you would allow your son to die for me as my sacrifice.  Please help me love others sacrificially.  I know the power to do this is not within me, so please pour your love into my heart so that I may share that love with others. Through Jesus, my brother and my sacrifice, I pray.  Amen.
IGNORE THE CRITICS

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him.”
(Acts 11:2, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD
One time Jesus was in the temple. It was on the Sabbath, their day of rest. He saw a man with a withered hand. Jesus simply said, “Stretch forth your hand,” and immediately the man was healed. The religious leaders, the Pharisees, were there and didn’t like Jesus. Even though He did something great, they ridiculed Him for doing it on the Sabbath, the day of rest.

Some people, no matter what you do, are not going to be for you. Even if you changed, met all their demands and did everything they asked, they would still find something wrong. I’ve learned that we can all save a lot of heartache and pain by learning to ignore those critical voices. You don’t need those people’s approval. You don’t have to have them cheering you on. They may try to make you look bad, but if you will stay on the high road and let God fight your battles, the more they talk the more God will bless you. They may try to take you down, but God will use it to take you up. Keep focused on your future, keep focused on the Word, and let His truth strengthen you to ignore the critics and move forward into the life of blessing He has prepared for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, today I set my heart and focus on You. I choose to ignore the critical voices that would try to distract me from Your plan. Help me to forgive those who come against me and always walk in love so that I can honor You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
By: Joel Osteen

source:
http://redeemerchurch.nl/sermons/imitate/
http://ww2.joelosteen.com/Pages/MessageViewer.aspx?date=2012-11-23

+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment