Saturday, January 12, 2013

Freedom from Distress

In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free.  The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?
--Psalm 118:5-6
New International Version
 
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
The beginning of the year has been a trying time for people I care about.  Maybe it's been that way for you or those you love.  My prayer for you, and for them, is that they may know the comfort of God's presence. Whether it's the popular little poem "Footprints" or the familiar "Yea though I walk through the shadow of death, thou art with me," the presence of the Lord is absolutely vital to standing up against our anguish! The Lord does long to be with us, especially at those moments when we feel most alone.  He told us that by experiencing it himself at the cross.

MY PRAYER
I am thankful, O God, that you refused to be God from a safe distance.  Because you came and felt what it was like to be abandoned, forsaken, and alone, I know  I can trust that I will never be forsaken by you. Please give me a clearer sense of your presence with me in my life today, I pray through Jesus. Amen.
Let God Arise

Today's Scripture:
Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered…
Psalm 68:1, NKJV.

Today's Word:
What are you letting arise in your life today? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, Joel, it’s just so hard right now. I’ve lost some money.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.” No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the Restorer of my soul.” “I may have lost money in the stock market, but I’m not worried. I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you start giving God glory and letting Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. Your enemies will be scattered! They’ll tremble at your words of faith. Begin right now by declaring God’s goodness in your life and let Him arise so that you can move forward in the victory He has for you!

Prayer for Today:
Father in heaven, I repent right now for allowing any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes rise up in my life. You alone are my God, and I put my trust in You. I bless You today and choose to look for the good things You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
By: Joel Osteen

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment