Monday, January 14, 2013

A message of reconciliation

God has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.  We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
--2 Corinthians 5:19-20
New International Version
 
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
The price has been paid.  The ransom is provided.  God's judgment was averted, not because of anything we did to appease him, but by his own sacrifice of Jesus for our sins.  If God has gone to such great lengths to reconcile us to himself and adopt us into his family, how can we refuse?  We must not! Father God, we offer you our hearts!

MY PRAYER
O Gracious God, I know my sin has broken your heart and offended your holiness.  Words, therefore, cannot communicate my thankfulness to you.  You were hurt by my sin and yet provided a sacrifice to redeem me from it and reconcile me to you.  I praise you for your grace, thank you for your love, and promise to share your mercy.  Through Jesus my sacrifice I pray.  Amen.
The Journey of Preparation

Today's Scripture:
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
Proverbs 16:9, NKJV.

Today's Word:
Oftentimes, God will use our experiences in life as stepping stones to prepare us for what He has in store next. Scripture tells us that He’ll even take the things the enemy tries to bring against us and turn them around and use them for our good. He is always leading us on a journey of preparation.

That’s why it’s so important to keep our eyes focused on Him. We have to trust that when we are submitted to Him—even if we don’t understand—He is ordering our steps. If something is not happening on your timetable, remind yourself, “God knows what He is doing. He has my best interest at heart. God is preparing me.” While you’re waiting, don’t make the mistake of trying to figure everything out. If you’re constantly trying to figure things out, that will only frustrate you. Turn it over to God. Declare, “God, my times are in Your hands. I’m not going to worry because I trust that You are leading me on a journey of preparation for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me.”

Prayer for Today:
Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that You are leading and guiding me. I trust that You are preparing me for all the wonderful blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen
By: Joel Osteen

source:
http://ww2.joelosteen.com/MessageViewer/Pages/MessageViewer.aspx?date=2012-12-04

+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment