Friday, December 21, 2012

"Greetings, you who are highly favored!


God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David.  The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
--Luke 1:26-28
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Wow!  Such a familiar sentence packed with emotion.   An angel comes to Nazareth to visit and speak with a young woman engaged to be married. Before the history-shattering news is announced, she is given one key reminder that will be truer than she could imagine, "The Lord is with you."

MY PRAYER
My request, O God, I've sung many times:  "Be with me Lord, I cannot live without Thee.  I cannot bear to take one step alone."  Father, I need your abiding presence to face the challenges of life.  As you have upheld your children through the ages, I am thankful to greet each day knowing that I will not face it alone.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.
His Grace Never Ceases

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness…
Lamentations 3:22–23, NLT
           
Placing a handful of tokens onto the arcade game machine that my little Jessica was completely engrossed in, I said to her, “Jessica, once the game is ending, just put in another token, alright?” She was only three years old then, but certainly understood well enough how to keep on inserting new tokens to keep the game going.

It was fun watching her enjoy the game. Her eyes would light up and her dimples would show, especially when she was winning. As her father, seeing her happy made me happy, so I kept watch to ensure that she had sufficient tokens to keep the game going. Once they ran low, I would rush to the counter to get a new stack of tokens. So Jessica’s daddy kept supplying more tokens while she simply kept enjoying the game.

Beloved, if an earthly father can do this for his daughter for a simple arcade game, how much more will our heavenly Father, who loves us and delights in seeing us blessed, do to provide for us!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment