Thursday, November 15, 2012

We will serve the Lord!


If serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.... As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
--Joshua 24:15
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
While we can't speak for everyone in our family, we can commit to what everyone in our family should desire: We will serve the Lord!

MY PRAYER
Give me wisdom, O tender Shepherd, on how to lead my family to love you more. Please bless my parents, and thank you for their faith. Please give me courage and sensitivity so that I can effectively share your truth with my children. O God, please bless those parents who are seeking to raise godly children who will someday marry the children you've given me. I want my house to be a place where you are known, appreciated, honored, and loved. Through Jesus I ask it.  Amen.
Believe and Declare

Today's Scripture:
It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak.
2 Corinthians 4:13, NIV.

Today's Word:
I know a man who was believing to pay his house off. It was a standard 30-year mortgage, and he had 23 years left. In the natural, there was no way he could do it. But he was bold enough to say, “Father, I want to thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh; the Lord my provider. I know my job is not my source. You are my source. It may look impossible, but I know You can do the impossible.”

Several years ago, he received an inheritance from a family member that he had never met before. He didn’t even know they were related. He was able to not only pay his house off, but he paid a friend’s house off as well. What was that? Explosive blessings!

Friend, when you believe God, you position yourself for a miracle. When you obey His commands, you set yourself under the open windows of heaven. When you declare His Word, you activate His power. Keep standing, keep believing, keep speaking and see the victory and blessing He has in store for you!

Prayer for Today:
Father, thank You for Your Word which is alive and powerful! I set my mind on Your promises and choose to declare what You say about me. Thank You for Your faithfulness as I move forward in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
By: Joel Osteen


source:
http://gbcdecatur.org/sermons/ChooseYouThisYear.html
http://thefamilyofboyds.blogspot.com/2011/10/joshua-2415.html
http://ww2.joelosteen.com/MessageViewer/Pages/MessageViewer.aspx?date=2012-10-17

+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. Is the subject connected with your education or maybe is it mostly about your leisure and kinds of spending your free time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a formal education with regard to the topic above, it's just my passion to share the gospel to people.

      Delete