Friday, November 9, 2012

Open the Eyes of Your Heart


Pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.
--Ephesians 1:18
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Heaven is something we see with our heart. When we are discouraged, doubtful, and depressed, we need  to have the eyes of our hearts "enlightened." The dawn needs to rise in our darkness, and then we will see  the dawn of hope and the riches of our inheritance. But when things look bad, the only way to remember  these things is to sing them, pray them, and read God's promises of them.

MY PRAYER
O God, you are my Hope.  I trust in you and your promises. But I admit that at times, like even right now, I struggle with the confidence that you will act in response to my prayers and do what I've trusted you with my life to do. Please fill me with your Spirit, comfort my doubts, and kindle my passion so that I may serve you with boldness and share your grace with others. Through my Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.
Ask For Wisdom

Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?
1 Kings 3:9
           
When Solomon became king, he was only a young man of about 18 years old. He had big shoes to fill as David’s successor to the throne. So when the Lord appeared to him in a dream and asked him what he wanted, he asked the Lord for wisdom to lead the people. This request pleased the Lord.

I believe that the same request that pleased the Lord then still pleases Him today. He is pleased when we ask Him for wisdom. To ask Jesus for wisdom is to put ourselves in a posture of trusting and depending on His unmerited favor.

Although Solomon only asked for wisdom, the Lord added “riches and wealth and honor” to him (2 Chronicles 1:12). Too many people are chasing riches, wealth and honor, not realizing that they come through the wisdom of Jesus. Even if someone were to come into sudden wealth, without the wisdom of Jesus to manage it, the money would be squandered away. But with the wisdom of Jesus, you won’t only be blessed, you will also be able to hold on to the blessings in your life. Jesus makes you safe for good success that produces lasting and abiding fruit from generation to generation!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=a150d1f30f96378c872f47725&id=a6a72d3aa0&e=b2763b1d9a

+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment