Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Mystery of God's Will


He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
 --Ephesians 1:9-10  
New International Version

THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Jesus is Lord!  God's plan was purposed in Christ. It centered on Christ coming at the right time. God's plan was to bring unity in Christ by making him Lord of all!  What's more, this plan that brings our salvation brings God great pleasure. God is the only saving God and Jesus is both our Savior and Lord.  So the real issue we face today is this: What area of our lives, our hearts, our secrets, our sin, our rebellion, have we not submitted to his lordship?

MY PRAYER
O Precious Father, I know my heart can be deceitful. At times I can even fool myself.  But when I kneel in your presence and am convicted by your Word, I find myself reminded of the areas I have not yet fully submitted to your control and Jesus' lordship. Please, dear Father, use the Holy Spirit to gently show and convict of my self-deception so that I may be wholly lost in your will. Through Jesus, Lord of lords, I pray. Amen.
New Thinking, New Living

Today's Scripture:
And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.
Mark 2:22, NKJV.

Today's Word:
Are you ready for increase? Are you ready to go to the next level, spiritually, physically and emotionally? Many times, people hear the truth that God has more in store, and something resonates on the inside. Their spirit comes into agreement with God; but often times, their natural mind will try to talk them out it. Thoughts will come like, “It’s not going to happen for you. You’re not going to have a great year. You know what the economy is like.” Or, “You’re never going to get well. You saw what the medical report said.” “You’re never going to get married. You’ve been single so long.”

Friend, those are the old wineskins or the old way of thinking that you have to get rid of. This is a new season. What’s happened in the past is over and done. You may have been through some disappointments, you may have tried and failed, or things didn’t work out. That’s okay. God is still in control. It’s time to get a new vision for your life. It’s time to open yourself to a new way of thinking so that you can receive all the blessings God has in store for you!

Prayer for Today:
Father in heaven, today I choose to get rid of old wineskins. I choose to release old thinking, old habits, and anything that would keep me from Your best. Strengthen me by Your Spirit so that I can live my life in a way that pleases You in Jesus’ name. Amen.
By: Joel Osteen

source:
http://20thbankavenue.blogspot.com/2010/11/verse-of-day-for-100610.html
http://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-image-mystery-god-image16301026
http://ww2.joelosteen.com/MessageViewer/Pages/MessageViewer.aspx?date=2012-10-15
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment