Monday, September 17, 2012

HE is Living in You!


Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
John 14:23
New International Version
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
At many Christian funerals, the preacher emphasizes how Jesus has left to make a place ready for us to join him in heaven. Then he is going to come back for us. But just a few verses later, Jesus adds this promise. He's telling us that until we can come be with him at his place, he will come live with us here in our hearts. It all hinges on one thing, our willingness to obey him. Not a bad deal, is it. So let's not let obedience be a forgotten word in our lifestyle!
MY PRAYER
Holy God, I know Jesus came to earth and obeyed your will. Give me discernment that my obedience will not simply be the obedience of your words, but will also be the obedience of your will. I long to honor you because you have done so much to save me. Thank you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
Continue In God’s Grace
…Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
Galatians 3:3
 How were you first impacted by Jesus? Was it through the law (demands) or was it His grace toward you that touched your heart? We all began our relationship with the Lord because we were impacted by His love and grace. Let us then continue in that grace.
The apostle Paul asked the church in Galatia point-blank, “…Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh [self-effort]?” (Galatians 3:2–3). Paul was saying to them, “You began by believing in His grace, why are you now depending on your works? That is foolishness! You should be continuing in His unmerited favor!” These are strong words by Paul.
My friend, don’t start with grace and end up with the law. Don’t start with the new covenant, only to turn back to the old covenant! Stay on the path of grace. When you are established in the new covenant of grace, you will experience a tremendous sense of confidence and security in Christ. When your confidence is in His unmerited favor and not your performance, you will know that you have access to His blessings all the time, simply because of His finished work at the cross. Today, think, talk and act knowing that it is not about you or your works, but Jesus and His work, and step out into His blessings for you!
By: Joseph Prince

source:
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a150d1f30f96378c872f47725&id=823eede47c&e=b2763b1d9a

+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S.
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment