Thursday, August 16, 2012

Faith Put Into Practice


I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.
Psalm 119:60
New International Version
THOUGHTS ABOUT TODAY'S VERSE
Obedience is faith put into practice. Without action, our faith is not real, James 2 reminds us. So without arguing, let's quickly obey, even when we don't fully understand why, because we've seen God's love demonstrated to us in Jesus and we've seen the protection that his will has for us when we obey him.
MY PRAYER
O God, give me a heart that is quick to obey and a faith that is quick to express itself in action. I want to please you with my words and thoughts, but even more, Father, I want to live a life full of your character, wisdom, and grace. Help me to quickly obey your voice. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.
PLUG IN!
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.”
(Isaiah 40:29, NKJV)
TODAY’S WORD
Everyone goes through seasons in life that seem overwhelming; times when you’ve felt drained of strength and power. But, you haven’t been left without hope. You haven’t been left without an answer. The God of heaven and earth is near you, and He promises to give you strength and might to overcome.
Where does this strength and power come from? It comes directly from Him. When you connect with Him, you are connecting to your power source. It’s like plugging a lamp into a light socket. You “plug in” through prayer, reading the Word and worshipping Him. You “turn on” the switch by the words of your mouth — by declaring what God says.
Remember, you don’t have to let the difficult times overwhelm you. Rise up and connect with Him because He is your source of strength! He promises to equip and empower you for victory in every area of your life!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your favor, strength and grace at work in my life. I turn my focus on You today. I turn my thoughts on You. I set my heart and love upon You because You are good. Thank You for filling me with might and power to overcome in Jesus’ name! Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen


source:
+++++
Jayson Cabrera Gali
             http://healthhelpbyjeck.blogspot.com/
Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jayson.gali 
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeckyL214
P.S. 
I sincerely want to improve my blog, so I can serve you better. I would like to hear from you, please leave your comments at the bottom of this page. And if you find this very helpful don’t forget to share it to your friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment